Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Mother's Day

It is Mother's Day and Cathy surprises me with a couple of scarves that she had bought for me back in Perth and hidden all of this time. They are just the right colors for her and me! The other kids bring me breakfast and we enjoy a leisurely hour or so before it starts to rain. We aren't due back in the Marins until tomorrow, but it is a little miserable and all I can think of is getting the laundry done and the boat packed up in a leisurely fashion, rather than thrashing about in one day.

John relents and takes us back to Hamilton Harbor where it is sunny and calm. I do my 4 loads of Mother's Day laundry and have a hot shower! We head back to the Fish and Chips place for the little crunchy chicken things that we had before and then back to unload the boat.

Supper is at a steak place overlooking the Marina. What they do here is you go up to the till and order from them and pay then. They give you a number to put on your table and they come and deliver your meal. You then go to the bar and do the same thing but carry your own drinks back. We have one of the best steaks I have ever had in my life and on the way home there is live music again. Cathy and I stop and take in some of the music and then listen to it for a few hours more back at the boat.

Holly

No comments: